Day 1 Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky/Paratunka
Meeting at the airport of Elizovo, transfer to the hotel. Accommodation, rest, acclimatization.
Meeting with a company representative, discussion of the tour details. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 Transfer to the area of Klyuchevskaya group of volcanoes
Breakfast. Check-out from the hotel with things (extra things can be left in storage). Departure by car equipped for tourists to the area of Klyuchevskaya volcanoes group (about 500 km).
Klyuchevskaya group consists of 14 active and extinct volcanoes, including the famous Klyuchevskaya Sopka, Shiveluch, Bezymyanny, Tolbachik and others. This is the largest group of volcanoes in Russia.
On the way - lunch in a cafe in the village of Milkovo.
Crossing the bridge over the largest river of the peninsula – Kamchatka. In the evening, arrival at Kozyrevsk. Accommodation in a guest house. Dinner. Overnight at the guest house.
Day 3 Northern eruption of the 1975 eruption, "Dead Forest", lava caves
Breakfast. Transfer to the foot of Plosky Tolbachik volcano (about 4 hours along a forest road).
Briefing. Tour of the Northern Breakthrough cones (2 hours).
Tolbachik is an amazing and strongest place in terms of energy! In 1975-1976 there was a catastrophic eruption – the largest in the XX century, the Great Fractured Tolbachinsky eruption (BTTI). Over the course of a year and a half, an incomparable and grandiose element raged. Millions of tons of ash and slag burst from the cracks formed and covered all living things for many tens of kilometers.
Ascent to one of the cones of the Northern Breakthrough – Gorshkov's cone (about 300 m, 30-40 minutes), from where a bewitching view of Tolbachinsky Dol opens.
Lunch – snack, hot tea. Moving to the Dead Forest, destroyed by the eruption of the 70s.
The once rich pastures and all vegetation within a radius of several kilometers were destroyed. These places got the gloomy name “Dead Forest”, where the dried tops of trees can be seen from under a 7-meter layer of slag.
A stop near the helicopter crash site, where its fragment still lies, betraying this place even more dramatic. Excursion in the crater "Star" in the lava caves (1–1.5 hours). You will have the opportunity to go down inside the frozen lava duct, through which a red-hot volcanic lava river once flowed.
Installation of a campground in the area of the "dead forest". Dinner, rest.
Overnight in tents.
Day 4 New fissure eruption in 2012 Climbing the volcano Flat Tolbachi
Breakfast. Access to the Kleshnya hill – this is where the trail begins through the new lava flows of the 2012–2013 eruption.
Briefing. Climbing the Plosky Tolbachik volcano (the height of the volcano is 3140 m, ascent to 2850 m, about 5–7 hours).
Fissure eruptions are an outpouring of large amounts of lava. They are also called "tourist" eruptions, due to the relative safety and photogenicity of the current lava rivers. So it was in 2012: huge lava flows passed through the valley, for two two scientific and tourist bases, streams with drinking water, roads and a nearby forest.
Lunch – snack, hot tea. In the evening, return to the camp. Dinner, rest.
Overnight in tents.
Day 5 Transfer to Malki
Breakfast. Camp gathering.
Transfer to Malki (430 km). On the way – lunch in a cafe in the village of Milkovo.
Accommodation in holiday houses. Rest, swimming in the pool with thermal water. Dinner. Overnight at the recreation center.
Day 6 Rafting on the Bystraya river
Access to the Bystraya river to the place of the rafting start. Preparation of rafts, packing of things. The beginning of rafting along one of the largest rivers of Kamchatka with its picturesque banks, the passage of a shiver, as well as fishing on char.
On the way, stop for a snack.
Continuation of the alloy. In the evening, setting up a campground on the banks of the river. Dinner, fishing from the shore. Overnight in tents.
Day 7 Rafting on the Bystraya river
Breakfast. Camp gathering.
Continued rafting with fishing. Lunch – snack, hot tea. Departure to the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky or to the village of Paratunka.
Return in the evening. Hotel accommodation. Relaxation. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 8 Boat trip. Transfer to the volcanoes Mutnovsky, Gorely
Breakfast. Transfer to the sea pier. Boat trip on the Avacha Bay with access to the Pacific Ocean (5-6 hours).
The sea voyage route runs past Tikhaya Bay, Babushkin Stone Island, Stanitsky Cape, Three Brothers stones, rocks at Cape Sredny. The purpose of the route is the unique island of Starichkov, which got its name thanks to the birds of the old man. Starichkov Island is declared a natural monument to preserve bird markets and create conditions for the quiet nesting and breeding of birds.
Fascinating sea fishing. Lunch – soup, tasting seafood. Return to the port.
Transfer to the volcanoes Mutnovsky, Gorely (100 km). Setting up camp. Dinner. Overnight in tents.
Day 9 Climbing the Mutnovsky volcano
Breakfast. Access to the starting point of the route.
Briefing. Climbing to the crater of the Mutnovsky volcano (the height of the volcano is 2323 m, ascent to 1650 m, about 1.5–2 hours)
Mutnovsky Volcano is a natural monument, which is partially located on the territory of the South Kamchatka Natural Park, listed in 1996 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the nomination “Kamchatka Volcanoes”. The volcano consists of 4 merged consecutively formed cones of stratovolcanoes. The heart of the volcano – the so-called Active Funnel – is the largest crater of all active volcanoes in Kamchatka, where active fumarole activity is manifested. The unusual route is that it passes through a fault inside the volcano itself! The trail leads to the crater, where an amazing picture will open in front of you. By its beauty and uniqueness, this place is in no way inferior to the famous Valley of Geysers!
Walking tour of the fumarole fields, mud boilers and the “active funnel”.
Return to the foot, inspection of a powerful 80-meter waterfall in the Dangerous ravine. Lunch – snack, hot tea. Return to the camp.
Dinner. Relaxation. Overnight in tents.
Day 10 Climbing Gorely volcano
Breakfast. Access to the starting point of the route. Briefing. Climbing Gorely volcano (1829 m, the climb takes 3-5 hours).
Gorely volcano is located 75 km south-west of the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and is unlikely to attract anyone's attention. After all, he has a whole "collection" of craters, each of which has its own characteristics, and all of them create a unique ensemble. In antiquity, it was a volcano of enormous size – 20-25 km, after a severe eruption, it completely collapsed, forming a caldera of about 12 km, from which modern Gorely grew.
Возвращение в лагерь.
Lunch – a snack, hot tea. Camp gathering. Transfer to the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky or the village of Paratunka. Hotel accommodation. Relaxation.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 11. Free day
Breakfast. Free time.
Optional excursions (extra charge):
- Helicopter tour of Kuril Lake (7 hours). Observation of brown bear and salmon spawning. On the way back – landing in the caldera of the volcano Ksudach and Khodutkinsky hot springs (lunch, swimming).
- Helicopter excursion to the “Valley of Geysers” and the caldera of Uzon volcano (6-7 hours) with a flyby around the active crater of the volcano Karymsky and Maly Semyachik. Pedestrian walks to geysers and mud cauldrons. On the way back – landing in the Nalychevo Valley – lunch, swimming in hot springs. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 12. Departure
Breakfast. Check-out from the hotel until 12 noon. Airport transfer.
On the way – visit to the fish market, souvenir shops.
Route: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky/Paratunka → Kozyrevsk → Northern Breakthrough, “Dead Forest”, caves → Tolbachik Volcano → Malki → → river Bystraya → Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky/Paratunka → Boat trip → Mutnovsky volcano → Gorely volcano → Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky / Paratunka.
Days: 12 days/11 nights
Group: from 1 tourist
Comfort Level: Medium
Accommodation: 6 nights in a hotel/recreation center, 5 nights in tents
Hotel accommodation: standard in hotels in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and / or in hotels in the resort area of Paratunkka (50 km from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky).
Double rooms with private facilities, breakfast at the hotel.
In the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky – hotel «Петропавловск», «Гейзер», "Дольчевита" and etc.
In Paratunka – «Фламинго», «БелКамТур», «Кречет», «Антариус" and etc.
The specific location is determined by the TOUR OPERATOR, depending on the location of the remaining tourists in the group and the availability of places in hotels.
TOURIST can be provided with accommodation of his choice, if possible, with a recalculation of the cost of the tour. Your wishes should be indicated in the application when booking. For non-standard accommodation, surcharges may apply for an individual transfer from/to the airport.
Single tourists are booked with surcharge for single occupancy at the hotel. Sharing is possible with a pair. Surcharge for single accommodation in this case will not be charged.
Attention! Some hotels may charge a deposit per room. Pledge leaves the TOURIST. It will be returned upon departure. Upon arrival/departure earlier or later than the tour dates, surcharges may apply for an individual transfer from / to the airport.
The resort area "Paratunka" is located 50 km from the cities of Petropavlovsk and Yelizovo. There are regular buses between these points throughout the day. All hotels in Paratunka have hot open-air thermal pools with healing properties. Grocery shops and cafes are nearby.
Accommodation in Kozyrevsk – in guest houses. There is no single accommodation!
Accommodation in Malki – at the recreation center. There is no single accommodation!
Accommodation on the active part of the route – in the camp. 2-person tents Tramp Lair 2, Lair 3 (3-person), foam mats (karemat) are provided.
The number of tourists in the group
We guarantee that the booked tour will take place, even when recruiting one person!
The standard group is 12-14 people.
Boat trip is carried out as part of a team of up to 12 people.
Helicopter tours – as part of a national team up to 24 people.
An excellent program for an active trip to see Kamchatka in its classic representation – volcanoes, the ocean, fishing, hot springs and anything else, according to your personal desire. The optimal ratio of activity and relaxing.
On this tour you will find:
- 3 days among the Klyuchevsky group of volcanoes – the largest in Russia, the place where volcanic lava boiled recently, spilling several kilometers;
- Rest on mineral springs – Malki;
- river fishing on a 2-day rafting and sea fishing for a walk along the Pacific Ocean with a tasting of seafood;
- climbing the path inside the fault of the Mutnovsky volcano, which will lead you to the very center of its activity;
- acquaintance with the Gorely volcano and many of its craters. On your free day, you will have the opportunity to visit the world-famous Valley of Geysers or the spawning lake Kurilskoye with many brown bears.
Climbing: Plosky Tolbachik Volcano (3140 m) – Klyuchevskaya group of volcanoes; Gorely Volcano (1829 m) – South Kamchatka Natural Park; Mutnovsky Volcano (2323 m) – South Kamchatka Natural Park.
Rafting: Along the Bystraya River – 2 days, the length of the rafting is about 80 km.
Excursions: New fissure eruption on Tolbachik in 2012 - frozen lava flows, lava caves, new cones, slag fields, "Dead Forest";
Excursion to the crater of Mutnovsky volcano.
Boat trip along Avacha bay – 6 hours, fishing, sea delicacies.
Free time: Arrival day; Day 11 – for additional excursions.
The program is within the power of any physically active person, even a child, because between the climbs there is time for rest and recovery.
Tour dates 2020: 20.07, 24.07, 05.08, 17.08, 23.08, 27.08
The cost of the tour per person (without air tickets), USD:
½DBL – 1`515
SING - 1`700
Payment schedule: 30% – for booking, 70% – 30 days befor to arrival.
You can pay:
- by bank transfer in dollars or euros
- by credit/debit card on-line on our website
- accommodation in a hotel in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and / or in Paratunka (double occupancy, breakfast);
- Russian guides (English/Spanish – 90 USD per day)
- accommodation in a guest house in the village of Kozyrevsk (double occupancy);
- accommodation at a recreation center in Malki (double occupancy);
- services of tour guides;
- cook services;
- meals according to the program;
- excursions according to the program;
- transfers according to the program;
- equipment and implements (tents, rugs, rubber boots, kitchen equipment, dishes, fishing tackle, life jackets, etc.);
- medical transport insurance (for outdoor activities);
- necessary permits to visit specially protected natural areas.
- air tickets to Kamchatka and back;
- English/Spanish – 90 USD per day
- meals while staying at the hotel (on the day of arrival, dinner on 7, 10 days, lunch, dinner on day 11);
- additional transfer (earlier or later than the tour dates);
- optional excursions on a free day;
- additional hotel accommodation (before and after the trip);
- other additional services;
- personal expenses, alcohol.
Necessary personal equipment for this route:
- a backpack (70-100 liters);
- sleeping bag (for comfort temperature from –5 to –10). You can rent a sleeping bag: Alexika, Rock Empire, Campus.
Rental price – 2 USD per day, rental period – from the day of receipt to the day of return from the tent camp.
We recommend taking your sleeping bag as a personal item. If you plan to rent, we recommend that you bring your liner with you in a sleeping bag;
- comfortable camping clothes;
- trekking boots with solid grooved soles and soaking from getting wet;
- a warm waterproof jacket with a hood;
- warm wind, waterproof pants;
- warm sweater (fleece);
- warm socks;
- warm gloves/mittens;
- a warm hat;
- lightweight headgear;
- bath and bathing accessories;
- trekking sticks. Trekking sticks are also available for rent and cost 8 USD per day, therefore, for long tours, we recommend buying them (cost about 23 USD). You can buy in Kamchatka, for example, on the day of arrival. On day trips, it makes sense to rent trekking poles for rent;
- a seat for sitting on stones and slag;
- head torch;
- an individual first-aid kit;
- funds from mosquitoes and midges (repellent);
- passport and its copy in sealed packaging.
Clothing and equipment: Tourists should pay attention to the preparation of personal equipment (clothing and shoes), since on large sections of climbing routes to the craters of volcanoes, passes and volcanic plateaus, snowfields can remain during the entire summer period and, in case of prolonged bad weather, air temperature at altitudes above 1000 m it can decrease.
Tourists carry and are responsible for personal equipment (backpack, sleeping bag) on their ow
Tourists help, to the best of their physical abilities, staff with the installation and assembly of the camp.
Tourists are NOT involved in cooking.
HELICOPTER TOUR TO KURIL LAKE
1.Transfer from the hotel to the airport
740 USD per person
HELICOPTER TOUR TO VALLEY OF GEYSERS
1.Transfer from the hotel to the airport. Departure from the airport, flying around active volcanoes Karymskiy an Maliy Semyachik (flight time – 1 hour 10 min.).
760 USD per person