Tour around Lake Baikal, in which exciting excursions await you. Irkutsk will introduce you to the history of the Siberian region, where now wooden houses coexist with fashionable hotels. Taltsy will be remembered for a walk through the ancient village of the 17th century, Listvyanka will impress with the acquaintance with the Baikal seal, and the majestic island Olkhon will amaze you with its beauty, energy and unique landscapes! Join us and you will discover the wonderful world of Baikal!
Day 1. Irkutsk – Listvyanka – Taltsy (dinner)
Meeting at the airport, railway station. Sightseeing tour of Irkutsk, the ancient city of the Decembrists.
A trip to Lake Baikal, to the tourist village Listvyanka on the shore of the lake.
Sightseeing tour, walk along the shore of Lake Baikal. Souvenir market. Fish market. Excursion to the Baikal Museum. You will see the Baikal seal swimming in the aquarium right in front of you, and the famous Gammarus, which purifies the Baikal water, be amazed at the size that omul and sturgeon reach. Leaving the museum and immediately seeing Baikal in front of you, you will now perceive this great lake of the planet in a completely different way.
Excursion to the Museum "Taltsy" – a unique repository of historical and cultural monuments of the peoples of Eastern Siberia in the open air. This is an old Siberian village, where four historical and cultural zones have been recreated – Russian, Buryat, Evenk and Tofalar.
Return to Irkutsk, accommodation in a hotel in the city center, next to the tourist quarter. The 130th quarter was restored for the 350th anniversary of the city, a rare example for Russia of reconstruction and recreation of historical buildings. Reminds of the Moscow "Arbat": cafes, restaurants, street artists, souvenir shops.
Day 2. Irkutsk – Olkhon (breakfast, dinner)
08.00 departure from the hotel to the lake Baikal, island Olkhon (by bus, travel time 5-6 hours).
Island Olkhon has concentrated on its territory all the variety of natural landscapes of the Baikal shores. Even in its shape, it resembles the outlines of Lake Baikal. The island stretches along the coast of Lake Baikal for 73 km, and its width reaches 15 km. Olkhon is located on the territory of the national park and is deservedly considered one of the most beautiful places in Lake Baikal.
Ferry crossing to island Olkhon , travel to the capital of the island – settlement Khuzhir . Accommodation at the recreation center, free time.
Day 3. Olkhon – Khuzhir (breakfast, dinner)
Breakfast. Sightseeing tour of Khuzhir. Rock Bogatyr, observation deck. Excursion to the sacred "Cape Burkhan" (Shamanka rock), this is one of the nine shrines of Asia. There is a through cave in the rock. According to legend, this cave is inhabited by the spirit of the owner of the island. Having visited this place, you will be charged with the energy of Lake Baikal for a long time. Free time.
Those who wish can take a walk to the 5-kilometer-long Saraiskiy beach with white sand.
Day 4. Olkhon – Cape Khoboy (breakfast, picnic, dinner)
Travel by UAZ car to the northernmost point of the island – Cape Khoboy.
A place of extraordinary energy and beauty. A beautiful high rock on Cape Khoboy, outwardly similar to a sharp canine, bears a resemblance to the profile of a woman's head with a bust. During the excursion, you will be able to see the stunning natural difference between the rocky eastern coast and the gently sloping western one. In good weather, Cape Khoboy overlooks the widest part of Lake Baikal (80 km).
At the capes of Sagan-Khushun and Shunte-Left you will see Baikal from a bird's eye view. You will see an indescribable view of the open, or as the locals call it, Big Baikal. ABOUT troubles – picnic. Upon returning to the recreation center – free time.
Day 5. Olkhon (breakfast, dinner)
You will be offered excursions (optional, for an additional fee):
- excursions on the ice of Lake Baikal on Khivusah (hovercraft) or UAZ: to the Ogoy island, to the Buddhist Stupa; on the islands of the Maloye More;
- excursion to the local history museum;
- excursion to the Buryat village;
- horseback riding;
- ice fishing;
- snowmobile rental.
Day 6. Olkhon – Irkutsk (breakfast)
Departure by bus to Irkutsk. 16.00-20.00 arrival in Irkutsk.
Itinerary: Irkutsk – Listvyanka – Taltsy – Olkhon island – Khuzhir – Cape Burkhan – Cape Khoboy – Irkutsk
Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
Group: min. 1 person, max. 12 people
Visa: citizens of 58 states that hold all types of passports are eligible for visa-free entrance to Russia for a period up to 14 days (you can see the list on the official website), citizens of the 52 countries will be able to obtain a single e-visa of up to 16 days (you can see the list on the official website)
Группа: мин. 2 чел., макс. 12 чел.
Available departure dates in 2021: 16.10, 23.10, 30.10, 6.11, 13.11, 20.11, 27.11, 04.12, 11.12, 18.12, 25.12
Available departure dates in 2022: 01.01, 08.01, 15.01, 22.01, 29.01, 05.02, 12.02, 19.02, 26.02, 05.03, 12.03, 19.03, 26.03, 02.04, 09.04, 16.04, 23.04, 30.04, 07.05, 14.05, 21.05, 28.05
The price of the tour per pax (without airfare), USD:
|½DBL (двухместное) (double)||–||450|
|⅓TRPL (трехместное) (triple)||–||410|
|SNGL (одноместное) (single)||–||610|
|CHLD (ребенок младше 12 лет) (child under 10 years old)||–||410|
|½DBL (двухместное) (double)||–||430|
|⅓TRPL (трехместное) (triple)||–||420|
|SNGL (одноместное) (single)||–||540|
|CHLD (ребенок младше 12 лет) (child under 10 years old)||–||390|
|½DBL (двухместное) (double)||–||530|
|⅓TRPL (трехместное) (triple)||–||470|
|SNGL (одноместное) (single)||–||770|
|CHLD (ребенок младше 12 лет) (child under 10 years old)||–||480|
|½DBL (двухместное) (double)||–||690|
|⅓TRPL (трехместное) (triple)||–||590|
|SNGL (одноместное) (single)||–||1,100|
|CHLD (ребенок младше 12 лет) (child under 10 years old)||–||620|
Payment schedule: 5% – at booking, 95% – 15 days prior to arrival.
- bank transfer in USD or EUR
- credit/debit card online on our website
- accommodation in a hotel of the selected category in Irkutsk, 1 night:
hotel «Marriott» 4★
hotel «Marusya» 3★
hotel «Soviet» 3★
hotel «Empire» 3★
hotel «Europe» 3★
hotel «Hangar» 3★
hotel «Sports » 2★
- accommodation in a hotel of the selected category on the island Olkhon, 3 nights:
hotel eco-hotel «Villa Malina» 4★
hotel «mini-hotel Baikal» 3★
hotel «Nabaimar» 3★
hotel «Flagman» 4★
hotel «Panorama» 3★
hotel «Chocolate» 3★
hotel «Baikal Khan» 2★
hotel «Manor Kopilova» 1★
hotel «Near Lukomorye» 2★
- transfers according to the tour program
- meals: breakfasts and dinners (when staying at the Sport Hotel in Irkutsk, breakfast is not included on the 2nd day of the tour)
- the language of excursions is Russian but the guides speak English
- necessary permits to visit specially protected natural areas.
- sightseeing tour of Irkutsk and Listvyanka (bus)
- cable car, Taltsy Museum
- sightseeing tour of Khuzhir , to the sacred 'Cape Burkhan' (Shamanka rock)
- trip to Cape "Khoboy" by car UAZ (with lunch).
Category of accommodation for unclassified hotels:
1★ – standard, toilet and shower on the floor or on the territory
2★ – standard, toilet and shower on the floor or for two rooms
3★ – standard, toilet and shower in the room
4★ – increased comfort, toilet and shower in the room.
The place of residence is determined by the Travel Company, taking into account the wishes of the tourist, subject to the availability of free places in the indicated accommodation or in similar ones.
- airfare to Irkutsk city and return
- meals not specified in the program
- insurance of the risk of cancellation or interruption of the trip, including Covid-19 (we have approximately 3% of the cost of the contract, if desired)
- personal spending
- early check-in or late check-out in hotels
- accommodation in Irkutsk hotels before and after the end of the program
- not included in the program or indicated as additional excursions
- personal English/Spanish guide: 100 USD per required day.
- individual transfer Irkutsk Khuzhir Day 2 surcharge 12,000 rubles. (per car, up to 4 people).
The price includes: transfer by car Irkutsk ferry (250 km), after the ferry to the island transfer by car UAZ to the village. Khuzhir 40 km.
- individual transfer Khuzhir Irkutsk 6 day surcharge 12,000 rubles. (for a car, up to 4 people).
The price includes: transfer by car UAZ from the village. Khuzhir 40 km to the ferry, after the ferry to the mainland &ndash transfer by car to Irkutsk 250 km.
You will be offered excursions (optional, for an additional fee):
- excursion to the local history museum
- excursion to the Buryat village
- horseback riding
- ice fishing
- snowmobile rental.
- авиабилеты (стоимость у нас уточняется на момент бронирования или приобретается самостоятельно) и аэропортовые сборы, а также другие платежи, связанные с перелетами;
- возможные платежи при пересечении границы;
- не указанное в программе питание;
- медицинское страхование выезжающих за рубеж, включая Covid-19 и расходы на карантин (у нас примерно 100 руб. на чел. в день, зависит от возраста, или приобретается самостоятельно);
- страхование риска отмены или прерывания поездки, включая Covid-19 и карантин (у нас примерно 3% от стоимости договора, по желанию);
- личные расходы;
- раннее заселение или позднее выселение в отелях;
- не включенные в программу или указанные как дополнительные экскурсии;
- чаевые гиду и водителю.
The best time to visit Lake Baikal in winter – from February 10 to March 8. In January, the ice finally hardens, gains strength, becomes winds transparent and at the beginning of February (usually in the 2nd week) an official ice crossing is opened at island Olkhon . Earlier these dates, the ice is not guaranteed strength, and later snowstorms begin, it warms up, and the ice grows dull.
The period of freeze-up is on average from January 9 to May 4. Baikal freezes as a whole, except for a small, 15 – 20 km long, section located at the source of the Angara. The shipping period for passenger and cargo ships is usually June to September; research vessels begin navigation after the opening of the lake from the ice and end it with freezing of Lake Baikal, that is, from May to January.
By the end of winter, the ice thickness on Lake Baikal reaches 1 m, and in the bays – 1.5 – 2 m.In severe frost, the cracks, which are locally called " back cracks '', break the ice into separate fields. The length of such cracks – 10 – 30 km, and width – 2 – 3 m. Fractures occur annually in approximately the same areas of the lake. They are accompanied by a loud crash, reminiscent of thunder or cannon shots. It seems to a person standing on the ice that the ice cover is bursting just under his feet and he will now fall into the abyss. Thanks to cracks in the ice, fish on the lake do not die from lack of oxygen. Baikal ice, in addition, is very transparent, and the sun's rays penetrate through it, therefore planktonic algae, which release oxygen, develop rapidly in the water. On the shores of Lake Baikal you can see ice grottos in winter.