This program allows you to see with your own eyes the birth of the Northern Lights, being in comfortable houses with panoramic windows in the company of loved ones. The tour includes full meals, a sightseeing tour to Murmansk, and, if you wish, a whole program of interesting excursions and traditional entertainment of the Russian North in the daytime.
Day 1. Murmansk – lake Kanentyavr – watching the Northern Lights (dinner)
Arrival at the airport of Murmansk (Murmashi).
Transfer to the unique eco-hotel-observatory Aurora Village with unusual Igloo houses. Igloo – winter dwelling of the Canadian Eskimos, made of snow. But, our Igloo has only an external resemblance to the dwellings of the Eskimos and was created with the use of modern technology and materials, and inside it is a warm comfortable spherical cottage with all amenities and panoramic windows (see the Description tab).
The hotel is located between Murmansk and the Arctic Ocean on the shores of Lake Kanentyavr. The distance from Murmansk is about 50 km. In this place it is absolutely dark at night and the light of the city does not interfere with the comfortable observation of the natural wonder. And in the afternoon, beautiful views of Lake Kanentyavr and its surroundings open up. You will be surrounded by real tundra and forest-tundra – the purest crystal air and complete silence of endless expanses.
You will not be bored while waiting for the evening. On the territory of the hotel you can lie down in the open-air font, ride a husky, rent skis, snowshoes, go ice fishing, drive snowmobiles, and at the end of the day have a barbecue with friends (see the " Extra excursions '' tab) !
Day 2. and 3. Observation of the Northern Lights (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
snowshoeing, ice fishing, snowmobiling and late afternoon barbecues with friends;
- trip to the Arctic Coast and Husky Park. During this tour you will ride a dog sled, chat with Siberian huskies and get acquainted with the old Siberian village Teriberka , with its daily life, enjoy the beautiful view of the Barents Sea, a magnificent waterfall flowing into the Arctic Ocean, snowy hills;
- a trip to «Sami village» – acquaintance with the Sami fauna: deer, foxes. Feeding reindeer and photo for memory. Sleigh rides with reindeer and a banana ride behind a snowmobile.
- snowmobile safari;
- a trip to the famous «Snow Village» – a handmade ice museum – inside about 40 rooms decorated by Russian, Norwegian and Finnish artists) with a visit to the «Museum of Stone», which contains a unique collection of specimens of mountain rocks and minerals from all over the world and, of course, the Kola Peninsula;
- a trip to the ski resort Bolshoy Vudyavr (Big Woodyavr). «Big Woodyavr» – it is a variety of routes for all skill levels, for children and adults. The total height difference is about 650 meters. Any beginner or professional skier and snowboarder will be happy to ride on its magnificent slopes.
In the evening – observation of the Northern Lights.
Day 4. Lake Kanentyavr – Murmansk (breakfast)
Departure from the hotel after breakfast to Murmansk.
Citytour of the city of Murmansk with a visit to the first atomic icebreaker Lenin. Lunch at a restaurant in Murmansk (paid additionally in restorant à la carte).
Transfer to the airport.
OverviewComfortable domed houses with panoramic windows.
Itinerary: Murmansk (city tour)–Kanentyavr lake (observation of the Northern Lights)–Teriberka river–Barents Sea–Arctic Ocean–Husky dogs park (sledding)–Saamskaya village–Kirovsk city–Snow village–Museum of Stone–Alpine skiing resort «Bolshoy Vudyavr» (downhill skiing)–Murmansk
Days: 4 days / 3 nights
Group: min. 2 pax, max. 4 pax
Accommodation: Dome houses (Igloos) which are 30% open sphere (double glazing) and are 6 meters in diameter. Inside: 2 beds and 2 extra beds (on the second floor), bathroom (hot and cold water), central heating, fireplace stove, heated floor, WiFi.
Transport: up to 7 people – car, 8-19 people – Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
Communication: mobile communication only Megafon and 'Yota', Wi-Fi
Meals: on-site restaurant-cafe, as well as a brazier for self-preparation (groceries can be purchased during the transfer)
Visa: citizens of 58 states that hold all types of passports are eligible for visa-free entrance to Russia for a period up to 14 days (you can see the list on the official website), citizens of the 52 countries will be able to obtain a single e-visa of up to 16 days (you can see the list on the official website)
Available departure dates in 2022: everyday
Available departure dates in 2023: everyday
The price including meals, transfers, excursion (without airfare), for all tourists accommodated in one house, USD:
The price including meals, transfers, excursion (without airfare), per pax accommodated in one house, USD:
If necessary, it is possible to rent out winter outerwear: jacket, trousers, warm shoes (without gloves). The cost is from 2500 to 4000 rubles, depending on the program. Book in advance.
Comfort – accommodation in cabins overlooking the lake.
Children under 12 years old receive a 5% discount.
Payment schedule: 5% – at booking, 95% – 15 or 30 days prior to arrival.
- bank transfer in USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, AED, ILS, CNY, DKK etc.
- credit/debit card online on our website
- transfers airport – hotel, hotel – Murmansk – airport
- accommodation in an individual house of the eco-hotel Aurora Village, which is 30% open sphere (double glass) and is 6 meters in diameter, 2 main beds and 2 additional (on the second floor), bathroom (hot and cold water), central heating, fireplace stove, heated floor
- meals: according to the tour program
- sightseeing tour of Murmansk
- necessary permits to visit specially protected natural areas
- the language of excursions is Russian.
- the language of excursions is Russian but the guides speak English.
- airfare to Murmansk city and return
- meals not specified in the program;
- insurance of the risk of cancellation or interruption of the trip, including Covid-19 (we have about 3% of the cost of the contract, if you wish);
- personal spending;
- early check-in or late check-out at the hotel;
-accommodation in hotels in Murmansk before and after the program;
- not included in the program or indicated as additional entertainment events and excursions (including those listed in the " Additional excursions '' tab).
- personal English/Spanish guide: 100 USD per required day.
Short-term and long-term forecast of the Northern Lights can be viewed here:
in English: https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
Excursions and entertainment activities depend on weather conditions: temperature, snow depth, wind strength and direction, so they are ordered and paid on the spot before starting.
Tourists have the opportunity to decide on the spot which excursions or activities they wish to participate in.
Japanese outdoor bath (furako) – 3,000 rubles up to 2 hours (from 3-4 people);
Husky sledding park – 2,000 rubles;
Snowshoes – 1,000 rubles per day;
Skis (hunting) – 1,000 rubles per day;
Trip to the Arctic coast and Husky Park
Start at 8 am. Return at 8 pm. Usually on Mondays and Fridays.
- communication with Siberian huskies;
- dog sledding (not carried out when there is no snow).
Friendly atmosphere, tea table, history of the Husky and much more.
Tour to the coast of the Arctic Ocean (Teriberka).
The first mention of Teriberka dates back to the 16th century. By that time, a Russian seasonal settlement of fish traders appeared here – camp. During the census of fishing huts in 1608, 6 huts were counted here – one of the three largest settlements of Eastern Murman.
During the excursion you will get acquainted with the history of this place, its daily life, enjoy a beautiful view of the Barents Sea, a magnificent waterfall flowing into the Arctic Ocean, snowy hills, see the cemetery of lost ships , try to build a pyramid out of stones for good luck. Experience the icy atmosphere of the Barents Sea! In addition, you can take part in the construction of a statue of a local policeman and his car. ( Lunch at extra charge ).
From 9,000 rubles per person
Drive to the Sami Village
Start at 8:15 / 12:15 am. Return 3:30 / 7:00 pm. Usually on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- excursion around the territory of the village. Acquaintance with national buildings;
- visiting the alley of sacred idols. You will need 6 yellow coins for one person to make wishes;
- acquaintance with the Sami fauna: deer, foxes. Feeding the reindeer and a photo for memory;
- sleigh rides with reindeer and a banana ride behind a snowmobile;
- photos in national costumes of the people.
The program includes lunch (salmon soup, stewed reindeer with rice).
From 8,000 rubles per person
A trip to Kirovsk to the «Snow Village» and to the ski resort «Bolshoy Vudyavr»
Start at 8:00 am. Return at 8 pm. Usually on Wednesdays.
Known not only in Russia, but also abroad, «Snow Village» is a museum of handmade ice – there are about 40 halls decorated by Russian, Norwegian and Finnish artists. The center of the entire excursion and tourist center is a snow labyrinth with a total area of over 2000 sq. M. Every year the theme of the Snow Village is changing.
The Museum is open from December 25 to April 25.
A visit to «Stone Museum of stone». A building with a clock on top (like Big Ben). Museum and Exhibition Center of the mining enterprise «Apatite». Unique samples of rocks from all over the world and a huge collection of minerals of the Kola Peninsula.
Visit to the ski complex «Big Woodyavr» – it is a variety of routes. The total height difference is about 650 meters. Any beginner or professional skier and snowboarder will happily ride its magnificent slopes.
You can climb to the top of the mountain and admire the beautiful bird's-eye view (at an additional cost), rent skiing or snowboard equipment (at an additional cost). charge, upon reservation), go to the mountains on a snowmobile safari (additional cost, upon reservation).
From 8,000 rubles per person